Monday, December 12, 2011

What laundry?

I did something this last week I haven't done in almost 2 whole years...I read a novel.  It was a good book.  I truly enjoyed it.  But what I enjoyed most was letting myself completely forgo all responsibility just so I could sit and read it from start to finish. 

I never was an avid reader growing up.  I have weird perfectionistic tendancies and I have discovered with time that I just won't do something because I doubt it won't look perfect or I won't have time to really devote to it so I just don't do it.  That's bad. And really limiting. 

So, I went to the library sans kids, as that is a little easier, and I got a heap of books for my little avid readers and decided I'd get one for myself.  I doubted I would be able to enjoy it since Christmas is right around the corner and not one gift has been purchased yet, and it would sit there until I received the overdue email notice...but I read it.  And I finished it. 

My husband and children were asking about certain articles of clothing they couldn't find and the babies wore jammies all day for the week...but I read a book!! And I didn't feel bad about it.

Today the laundry monster reared it's enormous head and I clotheslined it (heehee).  Kids are in clean clothes, hubs is wearing his pressed work clothes and the baby ladies are actually out of their jammies.  

So, I say that to say this...sometimes a moment (or a whole week)away from shirking responsibility to enjoy something that feeds your soul is a good thing.  And don't feel bad.   We have enough going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment